Expressing Bookish Gratitude

11.26.2015


Happy Thanksgiving, bookworms! For some, Thanksgiving and other holidays present the perfect opportunity to express recent gratitude for various favors, indications, events, and other instances. While at the dinner table I will convey thanks for assorted items, I thought it would be nice to demonstrate my appreciation for more book-and-blog related items today on the blog. Here are a few thank-yous I have to offer the blogosphere.



Thank you, Harry Potter for continuing to inspire. I once feared that, as I grew, I would slowly lose my love for the series, but I am pleasantly surprised to realize that I was wrong; as I grow, I only love and appreciate the books more. As I grow, I acquire a better understanding of the characters, world, and of the author's intentions and meanings behind each decision and sentence. As I grow, I can grasp more and more of what makes these great novels so magical.


Thank you, And Then There Were None for fostering my interest in mystery novels, and providing an opportunity for me to engage in English class. Reading this novel also allowed me to make a reading connection with my mom, who loves Agatha Christie books.



Thank you, books for supplying me with a gateway to other worlds. Books have served as my companions, stress-relievers, and entertainment this year. Although my reading has dwindled a bit during the school year, books never fail to draw me in and leave me smiling, even while facing challenges. I have explored new realms and become more of an open-minded but also analytical thinker as a result of reading.


Thank you, authors for creating the content I continually fall in love with. Just a few of the many authors who I have read this year include: Allison Pataki, J. K. Rowling, Agatha Christie, Rick Riordan, Nova Ren Suma, Erin Bowman, Laini Taylor, Robin Talley, Jenny Han, Siobhan Vivian, Trenton Lee Stewart, Kiera Cass, Ally Carter, Victoria Aveyard, Eleanor Herman, Sharon Biggs Waller, Marie Rutkoski, Stephanie Oakes, John Steinbeck, Stacey Lee, Sarah J. Maas, and Marissa Meyer. I greatly appreciate the courage and immense effort it requires to write and publish a book.

  • Special shout out to Sharon Biggs Waller, author of A Mad, Wicked Folly and The Forbidden Orchard (releasing 2016). A Mad, Wicked Folly is one of my favorite books of this year. I was surprised and honored when the author responded to some of my messages via Twitter. I was so excited I quite literally bounced around the house, flailing. Thank you for making my day and graciously taking time to reply to me. I really appreciate it.



Thank you, family and friends for supporting my endeavors, especially the blog! You know who you are ;)


Thank you, all readers of Cover to Cover for interacting with my posts! I am here thanks to you.



Thank you, book blogging community for establishing, organizing, and posting incredible Twitter chats, articles, and events that encourage a love of reading and a kind enviorment. It's been a great year so far and I can't wait to see what we bring to the table next.

  • Thank you TEAM RED of the Book Blogger Creativity Project! For the unfamiliar, this month we were able to launch a feature entitled 'Hogwarts School of Blogcraft and Bookistry', which has to be one of my highlights of this year! The bloggers on Team Red are: Nori, Tiffany, Aimee, Joey, Aila, Aentee, Tuzi, Angelica, and Shannelle!  

Thank you, semicolons, compound sentences, and transition words for adding some zing and varied sentence structure to my writing.



Thank you, dying laptop for trying your best to host my files, create and upload graphics, and compose and edit posts, even if your cooling fan malfunctions and you heat up a little sometimes. 


Thank you, bullet journal created last night for beginning my journey to organizing posts on the blog.



Thank you, food and music for catering my blogging activities and keeping me alert.

In all seriousness, I greatly appreciate the experiences and relationships I've built and grown both in blogging and outside it this year. Enjoy your weekend! What is something you're thankful for?

18 comments :

  1. Food, music, And Then There Were None--this post was made just for me, it seems! XD And where would I be if not commenting and tweeting you, Claire??? This is such a lovely TTT, and the graphic is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I've really enjoyed interacting with you through blogging and on Twitter this year!:)

      Delete
  2. -Harry Potter: it is amazing how it still plays a role in my life. Like you, I was afraid that the attention around HP would die down, but it keeps on living and inspiring people. I love that.
    -Books & authors & bloggers: parts I'm incredibly happy about.
    -Family: so important <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agreed, Mel! I'm grateful to have these things in my life to encourage and inspire me.

      Delete
  3. What a great post! I love how you took the time to thank every single thing, including your spluttering laptop. And, of course, we should always be thankful for Harry Potter and the rest of our books and authors, for giving us so many worlds to escape in. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Inge! Years after I initially read Harry Potter, I am still appreciative of the series, and I hope that I will continue to hold books in the same light I do today years from now!

      Delete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Claire, and thank you for the shoutout! I'm also so thankful for Harry Potter, it sounds weird, but this book helped me to be where I am today. Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the shoutout, Claire! It really means a lot to me. I will be eternally grateful for Harry Potter as well! Those books played a huge part when I was growing up, and it still continues to be my favorite up until today. Also, I just finished And Then There Were None today, and THAT ENDING. I'm internally conflicted :( But it was a great book and I enjoyed it!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Claire, and enjoy the weekend! I really miss talking to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian! I'm glad you liked And Then There Were None! I also hope we can stay in touch in the future (and maybe take this opportunity to discuss the ending of the book:) )

      Delete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Claire! Team Red is just awesome, isn't it? ;) I'm thankful for Harry Potter too. If it didn't exist, I'm not sure I will be a reader like I am now! I'm also thankful for the book blogging community. They're just so loving and great <33 Anyway, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany, and Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm so glad to be a part of Team Red (for the win) and our Hogwarts feature!

      Delete
  7. I'm thankful for you Claire! ♥ You are one of the sweetest people ever. Thank you for always being so kind and encouraging and for bringing such a positive light to the blogging community. So glad we were able to find each other's blogs! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Zoe! I'm incredibly glad I got to know you through book blogging and I hope we can stay in touch!

      Delete
  8. So many things to be thankful for! And semicolons! I don't think I've ever expressed as much gratitude for them as I should xD Also, your bookshelves still have so much space! I'm kind envious of all the potential they still carry. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, when I moved to my new home I was lucky! I thought I would only have one, crammed bookshelf, but somehow I ended up with two in my bedroom! I'm not complaining though ;) It definitely has potential for expansion!

      Delete
  9. Claire!!!! I am so grateful that we've met and interacted in the blogosphere/Twitter/internet <3 You're such a lovely person and I'm glad I get to talk to you :) Also, love this post (especially the thanks to your dying laptop and semicolons -- that is amazing and I totally agree that they deserve more credit). And oooh you started a bullet journal??? I'm going to start one in 2016 and I'm super excited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope your bullet journal goes well! I've had mine for a couple weeks now and it's increased my productivity!

      Delete