My Bad Puns are Riddikulus: November 2015

11.30.2015


Yet another month is gone, bookworms! I can't believe December starts tomorrow. Mentally I've already replaced the turkey and fall colors with Santa hats, bright, colorful lights, and warm sweaters. Before we know it, 2016 will be here! It's funny how, looking back, time seems to fly by, but experiencing the moment makes the present seem like it will never end.

This month on the blog started a bit shakily at first, but steadied as the month progressed. I have posted less since the summer ended, but I am hoping December will present new opportunities to post more often. I think my short absence at the beginning of this month served me well, though, and it seems I've regained some of my previously lost motivation to blog more often in my free time, as opposed to dedicating it to some other activity.

My adoration for Hogwarts is riddikulus.


[let's pretend this picture is Thanksgiving in the Great Hall]

Ha. Puns. On the blog and Twitter, I have mentioned the Hogwarts School of Blogcraft and Bookistry before. Although I briefly covered the basics of this post series, created by the other Team Red professors and I through the Book Blogger Creativity Project, in my last monthly recap, I still remain as fascinated and enthusiastic about this project as I was at the series launch. This month, I was perhaps even more excited than before because my class, Muggle Studies, went live on the blog just last Friday!

In Muggle Studies, we reviewed bloggers who excel at discussion posts and some contemporary book recommendations! Next week will be Herbology.

Holidays are fun in the blogosphere.


This month I had a lot of fun celebrating Thanksgiving in the book blogosphere. I offered my bookish gratitude  and had the opportunity to exchange remarks with other bloggers through the comments and Twitter. 
  • For Thanksgiving this year, my family and I traveled outside our city to visit some colleges! I had to bring books for the trip there and back, of course, On the trip there and in the hotel room, I read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne, which I'm not entirely sure how I feel about yet. I also brought Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas, Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo, The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan (which my younger sister adored, by the way), and The Walled City by Ryan Graudin. I now have a dilemma: what do I read next?
  • On the note of holidays, Twitter names are already becoming winter-themed! My Halloween-esque one was "Clairvoyant"; it's time to start brainstorming for a more winter-y one!

Guest posts can also be quite fun.


This month, through the Guest of the Month Club, I was able to exchange guest posts with Dita! We each wrote a post with our take on the topic, 'Beyond the Blog', to explain the activities and obligations we have outside the book blogging world. You can view my post on her blog here and her post on Cover to Cover here.
  • If YOU would be interested in guest posting on Cover to Cover, check out my guest post page, email me at ccovertocover@gmail.com, or shoot me a message on Twitter [@ccovertocover]!

Tweety Bird

*Note: special shout out and thank you to all those who sent me Thanksgiving greetings and messages! It was so kind of you all to think of me and I really appreciate it!:)

Here are some of my favorite (bookish) tweets of the month:

What was your November highlight? 

10 comments :

  1. I read The Boy in the Striped Pajamas in my sixth grade English class and while it makes me a tad angry (that ending!), I think it truly demonstrated the cruelties of time period and how it affected children, both those who suffered and those who were on Germany's side. Anyway, I hope you have a FABULOUS December and Christmas! 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! I have to agree, the ending was incredibly saddening but also highlighted the cruelty of the time.

      Delete
  2. My month of November hasn't been very bookish... I was extremely busy with school, so barely had time to read or blog. Hopefully I'll be able to read more in December! I hope you have a great Christmas (is it too early to start wishing a merry Christmas?) ♥

    Denise | The Bibliolater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! Understandably, school takes a lot of time away from blogging and writing, but keep persevering! Quality over quantity: a few great posts are better than many rushed ones!

      Delete
  3. Hey looks like you had a great month! Hope to see more of you this month since Christmas break will be coming soon. Ruin and Rising was soooo good so I hope you enjoy that one. Queen of Shadows is on my TBR this month so when you read it, let me know and if I'm finished with it we can definitely discuss. Great recap and thanks for sharing!

    ~Kaitlin @ Next Page Please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just finished Queen of Shadows yesterday morning and I absolutely loved it! I would completely recommend it to you. Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned yet, but I'm definitely planning to read them soon! I managed to read four books this month, but hopefully I'll read even more during December because of the holidays. I'm planning on finishing Heir of Fire so I can read Queen of Shadows and I'm hoping to start the Grisha trilogy this month as well. I hope you have a lovely December and a great holiday! (Oh and I love your winter Twitter name :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexandra! (or should I say Winter Wonderlandra...surprisingly these Twitter names require a lot of consideration XD) I hope you enjoy Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows! Of the two, I don't think I could pick a favorite, because I loved both of them so much.

      Delete
  5. I love that Harry Potter pun! <3

    My November... I really should get a recap up because I already forget what I did and read. I think the highlight was shopping for Jamie's #TBTBSanta. It was fun trying to figure out just how to spoil my Santa giftee, and then she loved her gift. :)

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin! And I'm glad to hear that! I've never participated in #TBTBSanta but I've heard it's a lot of fun:)

      Delete